Waiting, waiting and waiting

On 26th of May I decided to send an email to my orthodontist. I have told her that I prefer to give up my front tooth and go for the implant. I’m getting impatient and don’t want to wait for the periodontist appointment end of this year (October 2022). The periodontist already responded to my email telling me he will cancel the surgery. (I don’t think he is happy with my decision). My orthodontist sent me another email and told me I should talk to my dentist now to get me in touch with an implant surgeon. After my x visits to dentists, orthodontists, endodontologists, periodontists,… I’ll end-up with a visit to an implant surgeon… How complex can it be?

So the next thing I did was sending an email to my dentist to bring me in contact with an implant surgeon. But my dentist will be on holiday until June 7th… So I have to wait again to see what will come next.

I know, that with this decision (to give up my front tooth), things will get serious. I’ll have to wait for my dentist now to bring me in contact with the implant surgeon. After that, my orthodontist told me she will contact the surgeon and see if she can use braces to try to save as much bone as possible. I described this special “bone grafting”-procedure on my previous blog post (option 2). This would be the only and really only reason why I would consider starting to wear braces at my adult age 😦 My worst nightmare is coming closer and closer.

But I know I HAVE to do something. Waiting is not an option anymore. I want to find a solution to stabilize the bone loss around my top front tooth.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s