It’s been a while!
It has been little bit silent again. Most of the time I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. I don’t have all answers yet. Don’t know if I have to start the braces treatment. Or do I have to start with the implant immediately? This week might be the week to get the final treatment plan!
First the implant surgeon didn’t send my medical record to my dentist. So I had to ask her over and over again to share it with my dentist (and orthodontist). We have been waiting for this report since my in-take appointment in July. Delays, delays, delays 🙁
I have been sending emails and made some phone-calls… Now finally end of September we received the report. The report states that:
- My front tooth needs to be extracted to get rid of the root infection.
- Orthodontic extrusion is not needed. We can skip that.
- Orthodontic treatment is still possible but can be done independent from the implant placement.
Now what does the orthodontist say?
So I tried to contact the orthodontist… Again: It took weeks to get a response. Looks like there was a misunderstanding. After receiving the Implant report my orthodontist thought that a braces treatment was not necessary anymore. This is strange because she suggested to get braces installed to make room for the implant? Remember?
I managed to have a call with the orthodontist last week. I asked her what to do: Do I need to start a braces treatment or not? Is there any reason to skip the braces and move on with the implant? She told me she will contact the implant surgeon and see what to do. On Thursday 27th of October (This week!) I have an appointment with the orthodontist to see how we can move on. Let’s see what this week will bring!